Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Whoa that's what i'm doing


Hey everyone,


Kinda funny how similar this is to my project huh? I didn't see much information on the link (http://www.theartescapeplan.com/2009/10/sneak-peek.html) but I believe that this was laser cut and or 3d printed. Don't they look like little marsh mellows!!!!
From what I hear this project was at SOFA, and they were transformed into brooches. I'm not certain if this is the display he had at SOFA, but I like the lay out of it.

At this time I'm still considering how to rig up my display. i like how there is an empty image of a hand left over when pieces are bought. However with a face it might not be as recognizable. perhaps the oval shape would look ok. But I think i need to figure out one more element. I've considered putting a picture of my face there, I have the image from my card already set to go. so perhaps that would work. However there would have to be slots cut into it for the rings to fit. I'm not sure how I like the thought of cutting slits into the face image.
And of course there is the issue of time. There's is not much left, so I would like to come up with something simple to make. And I hate to bring it up but money, I don't want to spend much more on supplies right now. This year is kind of breaking my bank between all the rubber, and my intentions to silver plate my next project... Yikes... I'd like to be even a little thrifty at this point.

If anyone has an idea let me know. Right now I'm leaning towards wood. Just solid board that has slits cut into it for the rings, painted black or a nice dark grey color. It would have to be lifted up a bit to leave space for the rings, but it might look neat to see all these circles underneath it.
I'll need to leave a gap between each facial piece in order to leave room for the ring. Some of the pieces are smaller then the ring itself, so there will be some where the gap of the ring will show behind the face piece. this means that each pieces will not be displayed butted to the adjacent face pieces. And that's good because it will give the viewer an opportunity to grab each piece.

Well I'll have to figure it out soon.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment