Monday, October 19, 2009














Here is some more interesting jewelry. These are made by Sakurako Shimizu. This series titled "Waveform Series" are laser cut shapes of sounds. The first image is of a bell, and she has used other sounds such as giggles, yawns, sneezes, or couples saying he old "I do" This is a good example of another industrial process (laser cutting) applied to an individual series of work.

I really like the idea of capturing something in a piece of jewelry. Mainly a piece of a person because they are made by people, and worn by people. I guess this is why I also enjoy the bio jewelry. My jewelry sale project also relates to this, as I'm selling away pieces of my face. I like the idea of people some how being connected because they all have a piece of the same thing. It's almost like they are in the Lucy Club or something. "When our Powers Combine" maybe that should be the title.
At this point I'm having a hard time with the title.
But I'm anxious to get back to it... so adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment