Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Who Am I?



Majoring in Art Education as well as Jewelry and metalsmithing has proven to be a challenge in the UW-Milwaukee curriculum. However, as I slowly round the final corners of my school career I've begun to realized how much I've grown since I started, what seems like ages ago.

Due to my enrollment in Art Education I've had the opportunity to dabble in many areas in the visual arts, such as Fibers, Sculpture, Ceramics, Figure Drawing, and of course Metals. Currently painting is my new challenge, and has been a class I've put off for long enough. After the first day I'm not as intimidated as I once was, and look forward to how this class develops.

The Metals program quickly swept me off my feet, I had originally decided to major in Art Education only, but after a couple classes in the metals lab I was hooked. Metal has become my medium of choice, with a strong interest in the process of forming. Currently I desire to investigate the vessel, both formally and conceptually. Introducing new materials to this investigation may be a way for me to find some interesting solutions to my questions. Let's see where this inquiry takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment