Saturday, September 26, 2009

Tipless


Hey Everyone,

To me this is a good example of what we are doing in class. Now servers might have a more pleasant time bringing you your beverages, knowing that they won't have as much of a chance to spill. Right? Pretty neat.
These are designed by Scott Dennison.

connecting this to my idea...
I'm attempting to make a goblet set that binds people together for the duration. My idea is that these goblets will be connected to each other some how, so that the users will have to stay together while they indulge in their beverage. I'm thinking of using silicone or other urethane rubber to give it an elastic stretch, however I'm not sure how to connect this rubber to the piece in a way that hides the connection. I don't want it to seem easy to disconnect these pieces. I would prefer it if there was not a way to disconnect them at all. the urethane rubber should adhere to it, but the silicone will not.
I'm having issues with the color of the rubber. Silicone comes in clear which is great, but it will not adhere to the metal. The urethane rubber comes in a fleshy color, so does rubber tubing that I was thinking about using as the extended connector. I'm just not sure how I think this color will look aesthetically. I'll have to show you all in class I guess.

Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment